Have fun while contributing to a great cause
Our lotteries are designed for players to have a bit of fun while contributing to a great cause. This means running any Lottery in a socially responsible way; protecting those who are vulnerable, such as children under 16 or people on low incomes. Games and procedures are designed to discourage excessive play and offer support where necessary.
Rieves Lotteries Limited and any society that it works with is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission and has a regulatory obligation to adhere to the requirements of the Gambling Act 2005, Licence and Codes of Practice.
- All games will clearly state that players must be 16 or over.
- Game design and marketing materials won’t target those under 16.
- Those under 16 will be excluded from data lists used for the promotion of lotteries.
- Falsifying age automatically forfeits the players right to a prize. If any player is found to have been under age monies paid in relation to the lottery will be returned.
To help protect players, we promote and support prevention and treatment of problem Gambling;
- If staff think that an excessive amount of tickets are being bought by a single player they are encouraged to politely refuse the sale and make a note of this.
- Where the application is made by phone, internet or mail, maximum limits will be set out in the game Terms and Conditions.
Playing should be fun and we encourage the following;
- Play what is comfortably affordable
- Don’t borrow to play
If you are concerned that you or someone you know has a gambling problem, there is help;
- Our website has links to GambleAware, the UK’s leading charity supporting those with problem gambling. Their contact number is 0808 8020 133, or, www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- We operate a self-exclusion policy which means you can ask staff not to serve you, which will be for a minimum of 6 months or you can phone us on 01858 461297 and we will remove your details from any database.